Email us at email@example.com to book your appointment!
WHAT IS MICROBLADING?Microblading, also referred to as semi-permanent makeup, cosmetic tattooing or eyebrow feathering is the process of implanting color pigment under the surface of the skin by use of tiny, sterile, disposable needles to produce the appearance of hair strokes.Microblading treatments are perfect for the following: Hair loss and lack of definition, Thin brows caused by years of over tweezing, Chemotherapy or Alopecia, Scars, Lengthening short existing brows, Thickening thin brows, Correcting asymmetry, Active lifestyles, Trouble applying conventional makeup.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MICROBLADING AND STANDARD PERMANENT MAKEUP? The purpose of microblading is to enhance the natural features of a client. Microblading is softer and more subtle – it is meant to look much more natural. Microblading uses pigments rather than ink which is used during traditional tattoos. The pigments are designed and meant to gently fade over time. Fading is not considered a bad thing since it allows the artist and client to make changes to color and shape over the years as natural coloration and facial changes occur. Pigments during microblading are not as tight and densely packed into the skin as a traditional tattoo, or even micro pigmentation with an electric permanent makeup device. This allows for healed results of very fine, thin, and crisp hair lines. Because the pigment is not as dense it does not last as long but it also does not fade to an unnatural undertone. A color boost may be required between 18-24 months. A touch-up may be required at 12 months or sooner for oily-skinned clients, those who tan often, or or often expose brow area to certain chemicals (facial peels, chlorine, anti-aging products, etc.). Pigment retention varies depending on skin type, age, aftercare, immune system, medications, certain chemicals, and the type of pigment used
.DOES MICROBLADING HURT? A topical anesthetic cream is used for numbing before beginning and another anesthetic gel is used again during your procedure. Pain tolerance levels vary from person to person. Every effort is made to keep the client comfortable during the entire procedure. Having microblading done during your menstrual cycle may increase discomfort during your procedure. If you smoke, the topical anesthetics used during the treatment will not last as long. If you have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, be aware that this may affect your sensitivity tolerance to the procedure.
HOW MANY APPOINTMENTS ARE NEEDED? A minimum of two treatments are needed, at least 4-8 weeks apart. Colors fade 30% to 40% once healed and it is normal for strokes to completely disappear. This is why a 2nd appointment is needed to complete the treatment. If your eyebrows do not heal perfectly the first time, do not worry! We can always go darker and add more density at your next appointment. Microblading is considered semi-permanent and will not wash off, however, it will fade over time and may need to be refreshed every 1-2 years. Frequency of touch-ups depends on a number of factors including: the pigment color used (lighter colors fade faster), lifestyle (sun exposure), and if any chemical peels come into contact with treated areas. Please note that final results CAN NOT be guaranteed as each unique skin type will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. For some clients more than 2 appointments may be needed and will be charged accordingly.
WHAT IF I HAVE PREVIOUSLY TATTOOED EYEBROWS? If you have had your eyebrows previously tattooed, you MUST email us a clear photo PRIOR to booking your appointment. We cannot guarantee results and we must approve that your eyebrows are workable. In some cases where the previous work is too dark, dense, discolored, or large, tattoo removal will be highly recommended before we begin the cover-up. We work very hard to use the pigments to color correct and cover over the tattoo, however results cannot be guaranteed.
WHO CANNOT HAVE MICROBLADING DONE?
- Anyone using blood thinning medication – we require clients using this type of medication to discontinue use for a minimum of 1 week prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, Ibuprofen, B6, Omega 3, Gingko Biloba, St. John’s Wort, Evening Primrose Oil, Niacin – as they contribute to thinning the blood and may affect anesthetic efficacy. You may resume taking your vitamins 72 hours after.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- Anyone under the age of 18, at Ahh Spa LLC, you must be 18 years or older to receive the microblading service.
- As a precaution, we do not perform cosmetic tattooing on pregnant or nursing women.
- Allergies or sensitivities to metals – most pigments contain metallic salts and the needles contain a small amount of nickel. It is very rare to have a reaction to the procedure, however if there is an allergy we can perform a small patch test.
- Anyone tested positive for HIV or HEPATITIS.
- Diabetes can cause more bleeding and longer healing time, this can be determined on a case by case basis.
- Anyone who has had Botox or other injections LESS than 3 weeks before the treatment
WHAT SHOULD I DO PRIOR TO MY APPOINTMENT?
- Do not drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment and limit the amount of caffeine you consume.
- Do not work out/exercise the day of your appointment.
- If using blood thinning medication – we require clients using this type of medication to discontinue use for a minimum of 1 week prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, Ibuprofen, B6, Omega 3, Gingko Biloba, St. John’s Wort, Evening Primrose Oil, Niacin – as they contribute to thinning the blood and may affect anesthetic efficacy. You may resume taking your vitamins 72 hours after.
- You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
- If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment. If there are any stray hairs that fall outside of our final shape, we can remove them.
- If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a sunburn, you will need to reschedule as your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- PLEASE READ: If you are generally sensitive to skincare or have many allergies, it is recommended that you have a patch test done 72 hours before your appointment to ensure no allergies to the products being used. This will be at the discretion of the client.
THINGS TO CONSIDER ABOUT MICROBLADING:
- Sun exposure: The sun will soften the look of your tattoo, so sunblock should always be used (once healed) to prolong your enhancement.
- The regeneration of skin cells: The longer the regeneration takes, the longer the pigment holds. The more mature the client the longer the results last.
- The choice of color: Some colors fade quicker than others, e.g. a blonde color will fade quicker than a dark brown color.
- Enhancements to the face, for example, fade more quickly due to constant exposure.
Bleeding during the procedure: Any bleeding during the tattooing procedure will reduce the amount of pigment absorption. Alcohol and certain medications act as blood-thinners and should not be taken prior to and following your appointment.
- Your eyebrows will appear darker and more intense for the first few days. They will gradually lighten during the complete healing process. Redness and swelling is minimal.
- If you have extremely oily skin, microblading will not work as well for you. The constant production of oil will cause the hair strokes to heal with a diffused, softer look. Your end result will look more powdered than you would expect. Results vary with each client.
- If you have little to no existing hair, your tattoo will appear more 2-dimensional than those clients who have more hair naturally.
- If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
- If you are iron deficient or Anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
- Previously tattooed areas and cover-ups will almost always require additional touch-ups for best results and will be charged accordingly.
- Results vary with each client.
- Appointments can take anywhere from 2– 4 hours depending on the work needed.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- Your eyebrows will appear darker and more intense for the first few days. They will gradually lighten during the complete healing process.
- There is no downtime after the appointment, you may have some slight redness but this should subside within a few hours to a day – you may go to work or continue your schedule as usual.
- Please note that some pigment may rub off after the procedure so take precautions to protect good linens and towels.
- Redness and swelling is minimal. The area may feel like a sunburn and may be itchy while healing but there should be minimal discomfort.
- IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- Scabbing may occur – it is important NEVER to pick the scabs as you will pull out the pigment with the scab. Allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.
- The complete healing process takes about 6-12 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 4 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 4-8 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done.
- It is completely normal for some strokes to disappear completely – these will be touched up during your next appointment.
- Your eyebrow tattoo will eventually look softer and have more of a “powdered” look. This happens with all clients as the skin ages. To keep your hair strokes looking good, a refresher appointment is suggested every 1 to 2 years. Results vary with each client.