Microblading aftercare Instructions
It is essential that you follow these instructions after your Microblading session:
Day 1(Day of treatment): Wait 2 hours and let the wounds weep lymph. After 2 hours you must gently wipe off the lymph with a moistened cotton pad, then apply a thin layer of Aquaphor with a cotton swab or freshly washed fingers. Gently wipe the brows with the moistened cotton pad every 1-2 hours, then re-apply a thin layer of Aquaphor every time. This will ensure your brows will not scab. Don’t saturate the cotton pad with too much water. Too much Aquaphor will cause the pigment to scab. At night wash the treated area with warm water and a mild, unscented soap like Cetaphil. Gently pat the eyebrows dry instead of wiping. Wash your hands with disinfectant soap before washing your eyebrows and/or applying the post-care ointment. **Aquaphor and Cetaphil is found in the skin care section of any drug store.**You can also use another unscented, gentle soap if you cannot find or do not wish to use Cetaphil.** A great disinfectant soap for handwashing that won’t dry out your hands is SoftSoap Antibacterial ‘Crisp Clean’ (it’s a orange color)
Day 2-9: Repeat the gentle wiping of the brows at least 2 times a day. At night wash the treated area with warm water and Cetaphil, or another mild soap. Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap before washing your eyebrows and/or applying the post-care ointment.
Wait at least 7-10 days before applying any makeup to the eyebrow area. This can cause premature fading of the microbladed area. It will be tempting to apply makeup after the first 4-5 days due to the healing process, but the longer you can wait the better they will heal.
An amount of Aquaphor about the size of a grain of rice is sufficient for covering both brows when applying. Reapply as needed, but remember a little goes a long way. The sample packet we give you in your aftercare bag should last you for the entirety of the healing process. If after the initial healing process, you feel that you still require some moisture on the area, we recommend an unscented lotion such as Aveeno.
The following must be avoided during all nine days post-microblading procedure:
- Increased sweating. It is recommended not to sweat (heavily) for the first 10 days after the procedure. Sweat is salt and can prematurely fade the treated area.
- Practicing sports.
- Swimming, taking a bath, or getting in a jacuzzi where you completely submerge your head under water.
- Hot sauna
- Sun or salon tanning. Absolutely no Sun, sweating, or tanning prior to the procedure or after the procedure for 10 days. Do not have a tan/sunburn on your face prior to your procedure. The tan will exfoliate taking color with it as it fades.
- Any laser, chemical, or peeling treatments, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic Acid on the face or neck.
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of pigment.
- Avoid tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement or driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles. There is a possibility of airborne debris.
- Spicy foods (in case they make you sweat!!)
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
- Touching or the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care ointment with a cotton swab or finger. Always do this with clean hands!
Before showering apply a thin layer of post-care ointment to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the showerhead, and avoid your face being directly sprayed with water if possible.
Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post-microblading procedure.
However, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
The healing of deeper wounds might last between 14-21 days. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape-design is recommended only after this period.
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact the Ahh Spa immediately, to discuss further instructions. If your artist is unavailable, please leave your name and number and we will get back to you as soon as we can. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect during and after your microblading session
Your new microbladed eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle.
The pigment will appear very sharp and dark immediately after the procedure. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin, and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually. On average your eyebrows will fade up to 40% after the healing process. Do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab/round, as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin.
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly, however, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to sun, more importantly for a long period of time. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.
You can now enjoy your beautiful new eyebrows! You will simply love your new gorgeous and fresh look!